I was reminded the other day by a wise friend to live fully where I am now. To be faithful where I am today, the people and places in front of me now. We are in a time of transition, changes are coming. It seems easier to shut down emotionally, just a bit. To distance myself, to hold back. To revert to my hermit-like tendencies. There is much to do. But I find when I focus only on my own family, my own plans, my own career that I am soon empty.
It's when I am giving to others, listening, giving time, a word of encouragement, pouring myself out that others might be refreshed, that I have the deepest joy.
When I am living for more than myself, I am truly alive.
Another friend told me today of a tragedy, a young mother gone suddenly, shockingly. Leaving behind three little children. The youngest of whom is fighting cancer, now without his mama.
We only have today. Let us be thankful for this place, this season, here. Let us engage with the people and relationships here and now, that we might not be filled with regret.
Let us love deeply, and live fully.
Let us give up ourselves, to get more of His life, true life.