pic in woods Austria

pic in woods Austria

Friday, June 28, 2013

Why does our church need writers?


All of life is permeated by Story. Each individual has a Story, and each of these stories is woven into the greater tapestry of humanity. The human Story. By unearthing and telling the Stories unfurling around us, we can send an arrow into the hearts even of strangers, strangers to the church, even into the hearts of people scattered across the globe. People who will say, “You too? Me too! I thought I was the only one.” In that realization and identification with one another, doors are opened, arms are uncrossed, and walls come tumbling down brick by brick.

All of life is Story.

And permeating it all is God’s narrative, how He is wooing and sending and saving us. His great redemption Story is pulsating beneath all of our stories, giving life-blood and breath. He chose to speak to us through a Story, an actual written down book.  His words. Living-breathing-sharp-poignant- marrow-rendering-mighty-freedom-giving Story written down in language humans can comprehend. Sacred Word. Divine Authorship. His Word is the Grand Story, the metanarrative for all of life.

The Bible says that Jesus is the Author of life. He is the great Author, from whose pen every word that is True and Good and Right has streamed forth. He is the Author of every genre. Love Story. Tragedy. Comedy. Mystery. Passion. Suspense. Adventure. Redemption.  God is an Author and so too am I. Telling the stories of His goodness to me. His righteousness and love and redemption in my own life. He is an Author of second-chances, forgiveness, and adventures beyond my greatest hopes. I tell stories to reveal, I hope, more of Him and less of me. I help to tell the stories of those who cannot speak for themselves or cannot find the words. That’s why I write.

That’s why our church and The Church need writers. Who will tell the Stories?


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...